The recent hot weather in Ann Arbor and surrounding communities is expected to place demand on the electrical and air conditioning systems throughout the medical campus and other U-M Health System facilities.
The U-M Health System needs to ensure that we can continue to adequately power all of our cooling systems in these extended periods of extreme heat.
Please make an effort to help conserve energy this week.
Some quick things you can do:
- Raise the temperature on thermostats in your area a few degrees, but not more than 75 degrees.
- Dress appropriately.
- Turn off lights and any unneeded office equipment, especially coffee pots.
- Do all of your printing and copying in the morning then shut off these devices at lunch time.
- Close windows and doors of unoccupied rooms. Keep dock bay doors closed when delivery is not in process.
- Stay hydrated, drink plenty of water.
- Pull down shades over windows
The UMHHC Facilities team is making all building control adjustments possible to offset these weather conditions.