The U-M Health System and Rotary Clubs of Ann Arbor, Dexter, Saline and Ypsilanti are partnering to host a spring food drive to benefit Food Gatherers—a non-profit food rescue/food bank serving the needs of our Washtenaw County neighbors, colleagues and community.
You can help by donating!
Food Gatherers exists to alleviate hunger and eliminate its causes in our community. The organization distributes more than 5.75 million pounds of food annually to a network of more than 150 local community programs serving our neighbors in need. Food Gatherers provides enough food for more than 15,000 meals a day in Washtenaw County.
Drop off any non-perishable food item at the Towsley Link on Thursday, March 21 from 10:30 a.m. – 2 p.m. for this important cause.
Did you know:
• One in 7 Washtenaw County residents are at risk of hunger including 1 in 6 children.
• As many as 138% more people sought emergency food assistance from Food Gatherers’ network in 2010 than in 2006.
Food Gatherers is especially in need of:
• tuna fish or other canned fish or meat
• peanut butter
• canned meat
• beef stew, meat soups
• canned spaghetti or pasta
• hearty soup
• beans (kidney, pinto, green, black, refried, lima),
• baby food/formula
• Ensure or other nutritional supplement drinks
We will also accept unopened hotel-sized soap, shampoo, toothbrushes and toothpaste, as well as diapers. Visit Food Gatherers for a full list of needs.
No glass, expired or opened containers can be accepted.
Please share this flyer to get the word about this important event.